Alpaca - the Fiber of the Gods
Alpaca is the most sustainable and ethical fiber on the planet.
- Alpacas have soft padded feet that do not damage pastures.
- Their efficient eating habits result in greatly reduced water and acreage needs relative to other grazing animals.
- Produces fleece throughout its life without being harmed.
Unique thermal properties
- Able to adapt to changes in the weather, thus keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Incidence of allergic reactions is dramatically lower than other fibers.
- It does not melt onto the skin in case of fire.
- Resists odors better than other fabrics.
Comes in 22 natural shades
- Boasts the biggest range of natural colors out of all the natural fibers.
Alpacas are an important source of income for many Andean families
- From the breeder who raises the livestock to the master sorter who learns from their parents how to sort the fleece, to the spinners and knitters.
Has a natural sheen